BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been enhancing my recently acquired R1200RT-P (06) and had some questions in the forum that were answered by all of you knowledgeable and kind folks.

The last one I am struggling with, and I have already spent serious money on non-fitting parts, is to find basic mirrors that will fit the handlebar holes on my R1200RT.

Someone on ebay sold me a mirror set listed as OEM mirrors for R1200RT but when I received them I found that they were indeed OEM BMW but the part number (51167685505) shows that it is for the K1200R, which has 10mm thread. To make a long story short, I spent 200$ on an item that does not fit.

Does anyone know of a correct OEM BMW mirror that will fit my 06 R1200RT? Or do you have a link to another brand that will fit? Bummed out but now I want friggin' mirrors!

Hope someone has the right part number, I tried online, but to no avail.

Also, I really do not want to start with Dremels and so on, so looking for something that will just simply fit.
:bmw:

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
The best ones for a direct fit are from a 2003-2004 K1200RS.
Don't forget to order the 2 nuts and 2 wave washers.
When installing the left side mirror you may have to wiggle it a bit in order to feed the shaft through the lower hole.
Adjust and enjoy the view.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The K1200RS mirrors fit the 05-09 RTs perfectly. Not sure about the RT-P. The left one requires a VERY slight reaming with a rat tail file, as the fit is a little too tight. Best addition I made to my RT by a long shot. Can buy them over the counter at the dealer....

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I put these on my '08 RT and they fit without any alterations. They work well and look good on the RT.

·
Registered
61 Posts
ATDRS said:
The best ones for a direct fit are from a 2003-2004 K1200RS.
Don't forget to order the 2 nuts and 2 wave washers.
When installing the left side mirror you may have to wiggle it a bit in order to feed the shaft through the lower hole.
Adjust and enjoy the view.

ATDRS, do you know if the K1200RS mirrors fit on the 2010 models?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I have a set of GS mirrors on my 08' and with the V-Stream shield they are in conflict. I think I will try some bar end types. PM if you want the GS mirrors. They would work fine if you have a stock screen. :bmw:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks ADTRS and others. The K1200RS mirrors indeed look to be the right part. Found them on A&S for 83$ a pop with another 10$ for nut and washer.
I am trying to find them used first.. 200$ for something that is worth 50$.
But if I can't find them cheaper I will out and they know it! :histerica

·
Registered
482 Posts
I don't think the K1200RS mirrors will work on the 2010 RT, they fit my 2009 RT perfectly, but there is a different set for the 2010 + that is referenced in the thread I linked. Look at those first before you buy something else that doesn't fit.

·
Registered
61 Posts
gr8fulfred said:
I don't think the K1200RS mirrors will work on the 2010 RT, they fit my 2009 RT perfectly, but there is a different set for the 2010 + that is referenced in the thread I linked. Look at those first before you buy something else that doesn't fit.
Thanks again, but I am trying on finding something cheaper than $250. I found some good end bar options.

·
Registered
322 Posts
RidgeRunner said:
I put these on my '08 RT and they fit without any alterations. They work well and look good on the RT.
I didn't realise they were that easy to fit. Anyone got a pic of them fitted?

Cheers, Jon

·
Registered
444 Posts
JonA said:
I didn't realise they were that easy to fit. Anyone got a pic of them fitted?

Cheers, Jon
I just use them if I am on a trip with the top case. Easy on and off. Pretty sure they are K1200RS.

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
05hexhead said:
I just use them if I am on a trip with the top case. Easy on and off. Pretty sure they are K1200RS.
Sure - they look good. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
205 Posts
7seas10 said:
Thank you for the pic. Could you please specify which model are this mirrors in the moto-science.com web. Are the ones for the GS 1200, maybe.?

Thanks again

These I think, now all black:http://www.moto-science.com/product/bmw-f650xf800rf650gsf800gsr1200gs-alloy-black-pair

Email and ask Henri. I used some 8mm bolts and spacers from mcmaster-carr and the BMW nut and washer - PM me your email if you are interested and I'll send you some details, or check this thread:

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=479368&postcount=21

·
Registered
61 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts