BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason I have got the idea in my head of adding an extra antenna. The factory fitted antenna on the left side is fine, and works like a charm. I just want it to look "balanced", and add an antenna to the right hand side as well... Just for the looks of it...

Is this a stupid idea? Any suggestions where to get an extra antenna in Europe?

·
Registered
173 Posts
SurfMan said:
For some reason I have got the idea in my head of adding an extra antenna. The factory fitted antenna on the left side is fine, and works like a charm. I just want it to look "balanced", and add an antenna to the right hand side as well... Just for the looks of it...

Is this a stupid idea? Any suggestions where to get an extra antenna in Europe?
You could put the factory CB antenna on. A rather expensive way to get balanced...
-Scurrie

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have the factory CB antenna on but the other one is missing, where can I get that and can I get a smaller one that hardly go higher then the big box?

:)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
You have to get the CB antenna base from your friendly BMW dealer. If your antenna is just a mock up, you could do something like for just the flag pole purpose:

http://picasaweb.google.com/pozoizquierdo/FLAGPOLE

or instead of the flagpole put a CB antenna instead. I have the antenna installation as a coming project of the spring and I did not purchase the actual amplifier / fastening gadget that goes inside the antenna base. That is quite expensive part (85 euros) so I will fasten the whip itself to the base with using the same piping technology as I used with the flagpole.
The flagpole (or two of them) will be fastened behind the antennas. I still have to find out the way....

Regards

·
Registered
809 Posts
I scored the AM/FM base on ebay for 25.00; keep an eye out there.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have an antenna to the left of the bike when I am sitting in the driver seat looking forward, but I am missing the whip to the right. Wat is that for`?

I have the CB radio in the CD compartmant on the tank. Could it be that they removed the cb antenna when I bought it?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
paalao said:
I have an antenna to the left of the bike when I am sitting in the driver seat looking forward, but I am missing the whip to the right. Wat is that for`?

I have the CB radio in the CD compartmant on the tank. Could it be that they removed the cb antenna when I bought it?
Hi Pål,

I think that you have the BMW Intercom in the oddment box, not CB.

And there is a good chance that you end up having problems with the Intercom in case you did not get helmets (or at least headsets) with the bike.
At least in Europe the 2003 BMW intercoms were PITA. When I bought my bike in Jan. 2004 I wanted to order the factory intecom with it. At first I got all kind of excuses from the dealer why it was not possible until they finally admitted they will not sell these any more. The 3 LT:s that they had sold 2003 all came back with Intercom problems. And then they told me that the Intecom manufacturer has gone bankrupt...Well, whatever is the truth.

So they told me boldly, "go and choose any other intercom you want at our expense". So I chose Autocom at that time. Now I have Baehr, but that is another story...

Regards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts