BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently read an article titled “Millennials are wrecking America’s most iconic motorcycle brand”. Are we truly the last generation with the love of motorcycles, motorcycle touring and seeing all the wonders this country has to offer on two wheels? It’s not just the American companies suffering this distinction but most iron horse brands in general. Whenever my wife and I ride or go on a trip, it’s usually not the younger generation we often cross paths with. Is it that millenials are more interested sitting on their butts and seeing the world through a high resolution screen? That is not reality! What are your thoughts on this subject?

Reactions: Patric

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
I have been following a French riders group on FB called Entraide Motarde, and sure enough, with very few exceptions, it is mostly about the younger generation of newbies who just got their license and 80+ % ride sports bikes.
I also noted that many bikes are from the early 2000s and not a lot of miles on them.
I must say the French government is taking all the steps required to kill motorcycling, with ridiculously large license plates, all the gear must conform to strict regulations - including gloves -, and constant controls of exhaust noise and such. Can you say Discrimination.
On top of all this there is now a new generation of radars that not only check your speed but also the distance between vehicles, and if the drivers and passengers wear a seat belt.
And the price of gasoline is around $8-$9 per gallon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts