BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a marine Pyle amp.
Wanted to replace my speakers and give the system more oomph.
What d’y’all recommend ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've just replaced my radio with an Alpine UTE-92BT head unit and have given thought about putting an amp under the passenger seat where the charcoal canister was (it'd need to be a small amp). To be honest the head unit puts out enough power at 50w x 4 that at motorway speeds I can't hear the engine or much other noise around me. The speakers will definitely need to be upgraded, and I've been considering both Pyle and Audiophile 2 way marine speakers on Amazon. The stock ones will have to do for now as I've just blown my spring maintenance budget, so I'm interested to see what you choose. :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I currently have on the front some cheapo Pioneer polymer cone speakers. They’ve held up for over 5 years.
I’ve ridden in the rain , pour water on them for the heck of it.
No problem.

So, I’m thinking going for regular polymer Kicker speakers.
I have a Pyle marine 400W peak amp.
Allegedly they pump 50W rms.
So, I’ll make the connections to the amp.
Install the Kicker speakers and then decide whether the Pyle amp is any good.
Read a list of best amps and the Pyle was in the crap list.
Kicker in the good ones, and Infinity Kappa in the best ones.
Tough choice here.
Kicker seems good enough

I’ll post my progress.

Right now bringing a K12S I just purchased back to life. Failed FD on the 4th day after purchasing along with the clutch. Hahaha. BMW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mark65

·
Registered
13 Posts
After doing a bit more reading (mostly from this board!) the general consensus is the quality of most marine speakers is utter tosh, and a good set of polypropylene will work fine. I'll probably go with Alpine, though admittedly the nostalgic 20 year younger me wants Rockford Fosgate or Kicker! lol

·
Premium Member
7,623 Posts
After doing a bit more reading (mostly from this board!) the general consensus is the quality of most marine speakers is utter tosh, and a good set of polypropylene will work fine. I'll probably go with Alpine, though admittedly the nostalgic 20 year younger me wants Rockford Fosgate or Kicker! lol
The best speakers are the ones in my helmet. Much higher fidelity at speed than any fairing mounted speaker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts