BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an extended warranty on my '03 LTE from Bob's BMW. They sold me Interstate Star Sport policy costing $1135 for three years. It was worth the money though I will NEVER again purchase from Interstate Star again. I have had $2900 worth of claims against this warranty (really and insurance policy as I understand it). They paid $935 and tried to stiff me for the balance. I have no way to verify this but they denied a recent claim for $1965 to repair the tranny output shaft. They said my dealer did not follow the preauthorization provisions. Maybe this is so, maybe not but my dealer charge me nothing for the repair. The dealer absorbed the charges as a "good will" gesture. I really hate to have this happen because I think it has soured my relationship with my dealer. I'll bet if I asked my dealer to work on another warranty repair they would say, "No, way; you are on the hook for everything because we will not work with your warranty company."

YTKinWI

·
Registered
261 Posts
here's the deal.

if you buy an extended warrantee, you need to purchase it from the dealer that does your service.

expecting a dealer to work with a company with whom they have no relationship and no financial interest is just ASKING for trouble.

just one mans opinion.

·
Registered
225 Posts
hmmmm90s said:
if you buy an extended warrantee, you need to purchase it from the dealer that does your service.

expecting a dealer to work with a company with whom they have no relationship and no financial interest is just ASKING for trouble.

just one mans opinion.
That's all well and fine Greg unless like me you had to move all the way accross the country with your toys bought elsewhere. Or for that matter something should ever happen while I'm travelling across country. There is a reason we spend a few extra bucks for BMW's. It's for an implied level of customer service told to be second to none.

If the dealer is holding it against him because of the dealer's mistake in failing to follow protocol with the Extended Warranty company then they obviously need a lesson in customer retention/relations. It wasn't the customer's fault. I'm sure it's a bitter pill to swallow for everyone, but the bigger man can stand back and see right from wrong.

Hopefully what you see is only the reminder in their faces of their mistake and not any misplaced blame.

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,594 Posts
Most warranty companies want to send someone out before they authorize the repair. They do not care if it takes them a week to get to your bike, so be it. In most instances, they will authorize the repair over the phone. I had Pinnacle insurance when my rear drive went out on a holiday weekend 1600 miles from home. Denver BMW never heard of Pinnacle at the time. I paid for everything with my credit card and submitted the bill to Pinnacle with a justification stating that it was a holiday weekend, and if it was not fixed at the time, I would have had to sit in Denver for three days until contacting them (Pinnacle) for the repair approval. I stated that I did try calling them numerous times, but no one answered. They paid for the repairs. Also, BMW roadside assistance paid for the 200 mile tow from a third party person.

Usually the bmw dealers that sell the extended warranty would stop dealing with the company if they are having problems as you have stated.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Wait. I thought if one of us complained about our bikes, we're "whiners". And IF anything should ever go wrong with an LT it's must obviously be the owners fault??? :rolleyes:
You must be mistaken as BMW motorcycles are incredibly highly Engineered, I'm sure if you would just refer to your owners manual, you will find what you have done wrong to cause the problem with your vehicle. Claim VOID :rolleyes:

:histerica

1 - 5 of 5 Posts