BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Purchased mine from Robbii Miller, at Bob's BMW. nice lady, easy to deal with, willing to e-mail all the particulars including the actual contract.

Never had a claim but I felt well covered.

The actual contract carrier was Star Sport. No matter where you go, be sure you can see the actual contract and understand what is covered and what is excluded. Be sure it covers all of the ABS system, for instance.

Don't know if Ms. Miller is still there but she was nice.

·
Registered
76 Posts
hopz said:
Purchased mine from Robbii Miller, at Bob's BMW. nice lady, easy to deal with, willing to e-mail all the particulars including the actual contract.

Never had a claim but I felt well covered.

The actual contract carrier was Star Sport. No matter where you go, be sure you can see the actual contract and understand what is covered and what is excluded. Be sure it covers all of the ABS system, for instance.

Don't know if Ms. Miller is still there but she was nice.
I am going to be at Bob's this Saturday (4/14/2012/) for the tech demo. I can see if she is still there or get another name if someone needs a POC.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I put a four year/unlimited mileage extended warranty on my 2012 RT. The warranty provider is through Zurich and was $1,000 (which was rolled in to my monthly payment).

I figure that sometime within that period there will be some kind of failure that will greatly exceed $1K so it will be worth it. If not, at least I didn't have to worry about things falling apart at the three year point.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
four12 said:
I put a four year/unlimited mileage extended warranty on my 2012 RT. The warranty provider is through Zurich and was $1,000 (which was rolled in to my monthly payment).

I figure that sometime within that period there will be some kind of failure that will greatly exceed $1K so it will be worth it. If not, at least I didn't have to worry about things falling apart at the three year point.
Where did you get the Zurich Warranty for $1000? And they said that was with a $200 discount like they give a new bike purchaser. I am here in Washington too, and got a price of over $1500.00 yesterday from a BMW dealer. I thought it seemd high. The Pinnacle coverage with is a named coverage rather then an exclusionary contract is not as good and was over $1,100.00 I now htere is a lot of commission in these things (I was in the Life Insurance biz for 25 years) but this seems ridiculous.

$1,000 seems pretty damn fair!

I Look forward to your response.

My bike is an '09 but still under factory warranty so I get the NEW bike coverage/contract.

Really appreciate you input, don't want to get bent over

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought a 2009 K1200LT new. At the time I bought the bike i got the 7 year unlimited milage warranty for $1500 I had a rear tranny seal go out last year with approx 60000 miles on the clock and it cost me $25. NICE :dance:

·
Registered
350 Posts
6 years/unlimited mileage from RPMOne, it was somewhere around $650.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
05Train said:
6 years/unlimited mileage from RPMOne, it was somewhere around $650.
Question is, the coverage.

All extended warranties are not bulit the same.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Atomicman said:
Question is, the coverage.

All extended warranties are not bulit the same.
Very true, however I found no functional difference between the Zurich and the RPMOne policies. Didn't really matter as the local dealer who had the bike I wanted didn't offer the Zurich warranty, and the dealer who had the warranty I would have preferred (Zurich's a bit more reputable in the cesspool of extended warranty companies) didn't have the bike I wanted.

Since I ride a bike and not a warranty, the priority was the bike I wanted.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
05Train said:
Very true, however I found no functional difference between the Zurich and the RPMOne policies. Didn't really matter as the local dealer who had the bike I wanted didn't offer the Zurich warranty, and the dealer who had the warranty I would have preferred (Zurich's a bit more reputable in the cesspool of extended warranty companies) didn't have the bike I wanted.

Since I ride a bike and not a warranty, the priority was the bike I wanted.
Got it!

Yoo're right in the cesspool thaof the EXT. Warranty world, it seems Zurich is more??reputable and that the exclusionary contracts are desirable over the named coverage policies, since they cover everything that is not specifically excluded rather then nothing but what is specifically named as covered.

But................. if Four12 bought the same policy from the same dealer for $250.00 (17%) less than I was quoted, then I want to pay $1250.00 too!

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I am in Canada, just wondering about extended warranties here, or are the same ones mentioned on this post, available here? Also, do these need to be purchased when you get the bike, which I didn't, mine is 2010, and expires next March? I seem to recall reading a few years ago that the extended warranty could be purchased prior to the regular warranty expiring, but tried searching and this post is all that came up.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
skydiver said:
I am in Canada, just wondering about extended warranties here, or are the same ones mentioned on this post, available here? Also, do these need to be purchased when you get the bike, which I didn't, mine is 2010, and expires next March? I seem to recall reading a few years ago that the extended warranty could be purchased prior to the regular warranty expiring, but tried searching and this post is all that came up.

Thanks for any input.
Can't speak for Canada, but I just bought the Zurich policy

Very often you must buy a minimum of about 4 weeks prior to your OEM warranty expiring.

I ended up paying about $1,485 (plus Sales Tax) for the 4 year.

I have an '09 and my 3 years was up in late June. Bought in mid May.

·
Registered
101 Posts
This is an area where you really can learn a lot by doing some web searches and seeing feedback.

Also, some providers change over time. I had one through Warranty Direct for a car that was great at first... fast forward a couple of years and no one would fully honor it. So they basically would pay what they felt was fair for the repair. Shop charges $650 for a piece of work, Warranty Direct decides it's only worth $350.

The repair shop would bill me the difference. End result is that it was basically a discount on repairs because they priced it based some some pretty bad math.

I looked into the legal recourse side and determined it wasn't worth my time to fight about it but I'd never buy another one from them.

I do like having them on certain things - mostly so I just don't have to worry about unexpected big charges.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts