BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally bit the bullet and decided to start practising the use of foot brake.
One of my main excuses for not using it has been the fact that the stock pedal seems to be located so awkwardly that I don't reach it without extreme concentration. The reason must be either my exceptional anatomy or the Suburban Machinery peg lowering kit (or both...:confused: )

I have been fine (so far) with the hand brake only but since so many more experienced riders seem to swear on using the foot (rear?) brake as well I decided to improve the location of it and start using it more than just as a hill stopper.

I know there are some ready made extensions for it but I thought this is such a small modification that getting part from overseas is a bit overkill. So my CCR riding buddy Jouko has a machine shop and he bent an extension piece for the OEM pedal (just black 4mm steel) . I did the welding myself (and that's why no underside pictures are shown...:p ). Used the good old Dremel to grind the grip grooves on the surface and finally bent the end of the pedal slightly downwards. (That's why the vise marks on the pedal arm...)
Then I sanded all the scratches off and painted the whole thing.

At the end I readjusted the pedal height so that it is right there under my ball of the foot but I still can keep my foot in a comfortable position.

Now, let's start practising the foot brake use...

Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
805 Posts
Ari, I like it! With the extension it looks a little bit like a wing. And it is gold. Wait, could it be . . .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts