BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have just installed Ilium bar backs on my RT - the kit came with a replacement brake line but there were no real instructions and it is not clear to me how it should be fitted - especially the lower connection where they have also provided a replacement manifold.

Anyone fitted one of these before? should I just take it to a dealer and have it fitted? (especially if bleeding is going to be difficult)

Any advice/help greatly appreciated.

On other matters, you guys state side must be bummed out by the weather - I can ride pretty much all year round - it would drive me barking mad if I had to park my bike for a few months each year.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I have no specific experience with your new parts, but... the good news is that bleeding your model bike is easy. No special tools or procedure. Just keep the little tank full and bleed normally. Some people now pressure bleed from the caliper fitting and a brake fluid pump. Careful to not over flow at the top. Be sure to use new crush washers and look up the proper torque for the banjo bolts for the new hose. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts