BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We're going to do something different this week with our Sunday dinner ride and have it on Saturday, July 7th. Why, you ask? Destination and distance, I say!(plus they're not open on Sunday) Last summer a few of us were riding up on Hwy 88 near Kirkwood about dinner time and decided to drop in on the sportsbar there. Turns out there were several weddings going on so we headed west until we saw the sign showing the restaurant open at the Kit Carson Lodge. We turned in not realizing the remarkable dining experience that awaited us. A four star French restaurant way up here? Their French head chef and professional serving staff provided a culinary treat from appetizers to dessert that we will not soon forget. Alas, it's difficult to relive such a serendipitous event but we're willing to try! It's a bit of ride up there so we need to leave early. Sure, it's going to be 100 degrees in the valley but a cool twilight on the patio in the pines overlooking Silver Lake at 8000 feet will make up for it! ;)

Rally point 3:45pm at the "It's a Grind" coffee house at Hwy 99 and Twin Cities Road. We'll make a stop at the Starbucks in Jackson to pick up additional riders with the intent of arriving at the Lodge for a 6:30pm reservation. We'll be doing some deer dodging on the way back down but it's all good practice and tangible experience. Hwy 88 is always a pleasant, picturesque ride. Add good company and vittles and we've got a great Saturday Dinner Ride on tap.

2. Bob and Jeanie
3. Cara
4. Dave

·
Registered
860 Posts
Meet you all in Jackson at the Starbucks... where ever that is... map... map... I have a map around here someplace...

2. Bob and Jeanie
3. Cara
4. Dave
6. Steve and Mia
8. Mark and Vickie

Found it... it was under last years Christmas fruitcake sent to me by my uncle... he loves to regift... :D

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Party of ten?
Looks like Saturday will be a good day to charge up the cooling vests for use below 6000ft. Should be a beautiful evening. See you at the Rally Point(s).

·
Registered
567 Posts
2. Bob and Jeanie
3. Cara
4. Dave
6. Steve and Mia
8. Mark and Vickie
10. Bruce & Denise (Will try to make it I have to work tomorrow.)

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No cooling vests required!

Hope you can make it Bruce but we know your puppies gotta eat!

The Jackson Starbuck's is not open yet. Rally point in Jackson is now Mel & Faye's parking lot at 1700. Twins Cities Road rally point is still It's a Grind at 1545, depart by 1615.

Weather is down right gorgeous today. This delta breeze has really put the kybash on those triple digits.....at least for today's ride!

See you a bit later and don't forget your appetite!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Good stuff!

Nice little 250+ mile ride into the pines for an excellent dinner. 71 degrees at Kit Carson Lodge and a little better day to be out than today. Another good time get away.

See you all on Friday morning!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Great ride and great company. The restaurant lived up to it's billing from last year. Might have to make this an anual event. Ten riders on eight bikes made for a beautiful sight winding through the twisties.

·
Registered
860 Posts
SandM said:
Great ride and great company. The restaurant lived up to it's billing from last year. Might have to make this an anual event. Ten riders on eight bikes made for a beautiful sight winding through the twisties.
I'll third that... On the way down thru Latrobe Rd. the tail gunner says, "I didn't have the camera out to get tail light pictures!" So we gotta do this again folks! Who knows, we might get lucky on the Norwester... :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts