BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My internal clutch went out and is just too expensive to repair for me on my 2005 K1200LT. Shop quoted me over 3k. After extensive thought, I am putting the bike up for sale $1500. I figured other K1200LT owners might be interested in the parts (all do work except for the internal clutch) so you can either fix that or use the parts on your bike. Nearly 5k in accessories were added to the bike before I got it and I have an excel spreadsheet outlining all the repairs since 2005, previous owner was extremely detailed, so I have just added to that list since my ownership. Photo attached of bike when I was Dragon's Tail in NC recently. It is in great shape and I have loved having it. If interested, contact me (James) at 910-two six three-0870.

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,781 Posts
How many miles on the old girl?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,781 Posts
Where are you?

Dan
He is in Fayettville, NC Dan. I thought about giving him a call but I really don't need a parts bike. But I may need a low mileage engine if my re-ring does not stop my oil consumption.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
He is in Fayettville, NC Dan. I thought about giving him a call but I really don't need a parts bike. But I may need a low mileage engine if my re-ring does not stop my oil consumption.
It is tempting but I have no trailer or room for it even temporarily.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's a damn shame it costs so much to repair the clutch, if this was a big jap bike, easy fix, within 2 hrs, fixed and back on the road at a fraction of the cost.
Someone needs to snap this bike up, awesome deal....

Reactions: radar41

·
Registered
113 Posts
James,
If you can find a good independent bmw motorcycle repair tech, in your area, you could probably get it done cheaper, & as well or better!
You could save 1/3 to 1/2 with that route.
I'd suggest that you contact Saddleman, on this forum....

Reactions: radar41

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. The clutch is quite the job and even having all the parts and knowledge of completing similar jobs on cars and other motorcycles, it was almost too much for me.

I wish I lived closer to take you up on your generous offer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts