BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added aftermarket exhaust to the GTL yet? What exhaust has been added. I was thinking about a Remus. Has anyone heard a Remus on the GTL yet? I had a Staintune on my R12RT and liked that a lot but I do realize that the GTL will sound much different than the RT (and better I hope). I do appreciate everyone's thoughts on the subject to help me make a decision. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I still have the stock exhaust, but can offer another site that you'll find reams of information about the K16 platform (it's a sister site to this one).

www.k1600forum.com/

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed the Remus Slip-ons and love them. They look cleaner, weigh less than stock, sound terrific and actually add a little HP although I cant really feel it. They sound incredible and you can install quickly and easily by yourself. There is a test of several Slip-ons for the K-1600 in the Fall-2013 issue of BMW magazine. Check it out and enjoy the deeper sound of your GTL!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I checked the sister-site and there sure is a lot of information there regarding exhaust systems. I may try drilling out the closed ports to see if that improves the sound of the GTL. It is weird, when I first got the bike (2 weeks ago) I thought it sounded great. Then an RT pulled up behind me with a remus on it and that bike sounded much better. When I pulled away after the light changed it was that moment that I realized that I didn't like the 'zoom-zoom' sound. I would really like to hear the sound of the stock pipes drilled out though.

·
Registered
601 Posts
In my opinion there is not much to be gained by adding aftermarket exhaust to this bike. If it is sound you are after on the GTL, you can drill/punch out the crimped (closed) holes in the GTL exhaust. Lot's of guys on the K1600 forum have done this resulting in fantastic sound. Cost is nothing unless you need a drill bit or a punch tool.

OOOps...I see you are going to look into drilling out the holes. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts