BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ernie said he'd paint my top case to look like a million bucks, but I disagree. It looks like 10 million bucks. The match and workmanship is beyond compare - looks like it came that way from the factory paint shop. Thanks a bunch, Ernie.

Denny

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
:worthless

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
avonfloater said:
Thanks a bunch, Ernie.
:eek: Stop it! You are going to make me blush. ;)

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Not only do we need pictures, but we need details as well.
Where'd you get the paint?
What paint did you use?
What gun did you use?
Did you clear coat?
Sanding before clear coat?
Inquiring minds want to know!!!

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
fpmlt said:
Not only do we need pictures, but we need details as well.
Where'd you get the paint?
What paint did you use?
What gun did you use?
Did you clear coat?
Sanding before clear coat?
Inquiring minds want to know!!!
I'll put something together for the list. It isn't too difficult to do once you get past the panic stage of sanding down your old paint job.
;)

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Denny? Do you have a picture with the trunk mounted on your GT?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Here are a couple pictures Denny took. It looks really nice. Great job Ernie.

Dan

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
reelman said:
Here are a couple pictures Denny took. It looks really nice. Great job Ernie.

Dan
Thanks Dan. I like the way it looks too, but most importantly Denny likes it. :D

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I would also like to add my Kudos for a great job of color matching by our local painter in the NW here!

Meanwhile, speaking of the NW, are you trying to help folks learn how to pronounce some of our cities up here Patrick? Observe the location as you have posted:
"Location: YouJean, Orygun, USA"

It actually does work!

John
patrick2000 said:
Nice... really nice and the color matches too! It's magic by Ernie.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
AlaskaFish said:
I would also like to add my Kudos for a great job of color matching by our local painter in the NW here!

Meanwhile, speaking of the NW, are you trying to help folks learn how to pronounce some of our cities up here Patrick? Observe the location as you have posted:
"Location: YouJean, Orygun, USA"

It actually does work!

John
John,

I'm just trying to be different, so I guess I should have wrote colour matching.

Take care,

Patrick

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Ernie,

I see that you're the local paint guy who is good to know. I live in PDX and I'm most likely buying a silver '05 RT next week. It allegedly has a small scuff on one of the bags, and I'll probably be adding a larger topcase. I'll be in touch sometime to get it all straightened out.

Best,
Mason

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Full_Speed said:
Hi Ernie,

I see that you're the local paint guy who is good to know. I live in PDX and I'm most likely buying a silver '05 RT next week. It allegedly has a small scuff on one of the bags, and I'll probably be adding a larger topcase. I'll be in touch sometime to get it all straightened out.

Best,
Mason
Hi Mason,
I hope you find the bike functionally sound and the cosmetic stuff is the least of your worries. Send me a PM when you want to talk about paint. :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hey Ernie good job as always.
After the trike (Randi's) I thought you were through until the end of the riding season. Sounds like you could do with a manager :histerica :histerica :histerica
Next thing you will have us coming from all four corners of the county to get Ernie's hands on our bikes.
ride safe :bmw:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts