BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Lord - I wuz born and raised in Tornado Alley, and NEVER saw devastation like those folks in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, experienced yesterday. My heart goes numb when I see what occurred there - and they're saying there is more to come. And more areas to be involved. It takes a pretty strong-willed person to report on events like this, and I commend those who do so. Please be safe, all.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Close friend of mine lives in Tuscaloosa and is a research scientist at the university. Luckily she was out of town at a conference when this hit. Family in Birmingham all came through unscathed as well.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Yep, it's been bad...really bad. I grew up near Wichita Falls, Tx and went through the tornado drills pretty much every spring. I can remember sitting with my dad on the front porch watching the storm and waiting for the old man across the street to tell us it was time to head into the shelter.

When this system blew through East Texas Tues afternoon, a tornado touched down about 1.5 miles from my girlfriend's house. She was more scared sounding than I've ever heard her. She said it was pitch black around 6:30, raining to beat the band, and the wind was blowing. One person in her shop asked what it meant when the sky turned green like that. She said "tornado".

I sure hope no one on this board was hurt or lost any property or had any family & friends in these storms.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Dick said:
Brett - you ok? Need to check in with D. Dragon. He's looking for ya.

BTW - Ringold just wuz on the Fox channel moments ago. Said it looks like more bad chit comin'!!
Dick, I've posted a reply to Dave.

I hope there is NO more coming! :mad: We've had enough!

To give you an idea of where Ringgold is, we are 100+ miles straight up I-75 from Atlanta.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pkpr1998 said:
Dick, I've posted a reply to Dave.

I hope there is NO more coming! :mad: We've had enough!

To give you an idea of where Ringgold is, we are 100+ miles straight up I-75 from Atlanta.
Whoa - glad I checked on my bro over in Cumming. He's on Lake Lanier; said lots more leaves in the yards for the neighborhood kids to earn their allowance, butt boat dock and marina down lake are fine. Me thinks he dodged the bullet.

Things sure look bad in Ringgold, Brett. Sometimes hard to tell on the TV, but they did seem to have lots of cell phone videos and such, those painted a pretty rough picture. The deaths are what matters most in tragedies like this. Glad you're able to post, Brett.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
Brett
I'm glad you come out untouched. Prays go out to those not as lucky as you.
I'll be heading out to Big Bend tomorrow to see the devastation from all the wild fires. Prayers go out to those folks too. We hope the few dollars we spend there will help in the long run.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Los chisos basin is closed , least
That's what is on the net.
My son who lives in ft Stockton said that
It jumped from the Davis mountains and was heading north .
So be careful if you do go out that way. Lots of people have
Lost everything....

FiresFires

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Prayer out for everybody. Between tornadoes, hail, wind and wildfires, this is one devastating spring!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts