BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
The Victory and the Harley are a bit thirsty after just 130 miles?? What the heck is that all about?!?! And they call these bikes long-distance tourers???? No thank you!!! :(

Frankly, I agree with everything that this bloak had to say, starting at about 4:45 into the clip. He summarizes each bike very well. And in the end, if he was the one dishing out the cash, it would be on the BMW. :bmw: The guy has good taste! :p

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Good for him!

I thought one comment strange though, when he said the "LT's front end felt vague, because there is none of that front end dive".

Huh?? That is one thing I LOVED about the LT.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
dshealey said:
I thought one comment strange though, when he said the "LT's front end felt vague, because there is none of that front end dive".

Yea me too. When I first bought my '00 I was selling some Honda GL1500 shtuff and one guy came to the hosue to get its bags or something. He said the same thing:

"Yea I can't get used to (BMW's) no-dive. I don't like that."

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
dshealey said:

That comment is so typical of new BMW testers. :( I feel it goes in the same category as other comments I've read in the past such as, "the brakes are too sensitive" and "the throttle is too touchy". Anytime you operate a machine tuned for optimum performance, there's always a learning curve. Especially when newer technologies are being utilized. But rather than them saying something like, "I'm just not used to the BMW's modern suspension system.", they have to make an ignorant comment and blame their lack of knowledge and understanding on the machine. Argh!

OK. I'm off my soapbox . . . for now. ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
messenger13 said:
The Victory and the Harley are a bit thirsty after just 130 miles?? What the heck is that all about?!?! And they call these bikes long-distance tourers???? No thank you!!! :(

Frankly, I agree with everything that this bloak had to say, starting at about 4:45 into the clip. He summarizes each bike very well. And in the end, if he was the one dishing out the cash, it would be on the BMW. :bmw: The guy has good taste! :p
Not being picky but to put my colonial cousin`s right in Queen`s english it is bloke or even better "geezer"

·
Registered
19 Posts
messenger13 said:
Please do feel free to correct. :) Over here, "geezer" is a word we would use to describe an elderly, decrepit man.
a word that will never be used in your hallowed presence

1 - 8 of 8 Posts