BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I purchased my 2009 LT and use the "stock" helmet speakers and cables. There seems to be a lot of alternator whine as I accelerate the engine. Any ideas what I should use and where I should place them on the LT's systems to reduce/ eliminate the noise. I do have the voice II system with satellite radio, IPOD, CB, and amateur radio. No matter which system I use the whine is still there. I was thinking of a filter on the output side of the alternator. Anyone have ideas? The noise is just annoying! :bmw:

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I went to Radio Shack, and put an audio filter between the Music System (XM Radio), and input to the Comm System, and that cleared it right up. My system is vastly different than yours though, since I have an '01, using Auto-Com.

·
Registered
306 Posts
You may want to try a ground loop isolator. I used the Radio Shack version and it eliminated the whine in my system. The cost about $17. I can't provide a link here but you can Google Radio Shack ground loop isolator to find it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I knew I would get the answer I needed. I will have to wait until the next time I have the tupperware off. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts