BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1999 LT develop an engine noise that sounds like a rattle. The sound is something like a Grrrr which is intermittent at the start of the engine, but start to do it continuously as the engine start to warm up. It sounds like a rattle when you sit in your car which is in the dashboard. Very annoying, but more important, what can be the course and what is the remedy.

The LT is my only mode of transport and I need it for my profession to get around to my clients.

Anyone out here to assist me in this please.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
could be body panel rattle - at the front where the lower meets the upper there is normally a 4 inch long piece of foam between them to stop vibration and the noise - normally just heard when idling

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Try pulling out on the top of the center spoiler while it's idling. If that stops the noise, put rubber hose behind spoiler top corners. Works for me

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you need help in solving your problem, PM me your telephone number and I'll forward it to a gentleman in Oudtshoorn that will love to assist.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Miskien kan ek jou LT leen as ek ooit weer kom kuier..;)

·
Registered
476 Posts
You'd have to be good friends Hagar...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Try using a long screw driver like a stethoscope to help narrow down the location of the rattle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts