BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that I saw a posting on this somewhere here. But I am picking up interference through my headset with the engine running. Any ideas on how to stop it.
Thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
country-bum said:
I know that I saw a posting on this somewhere here. But I am picking up interference through my headset with the engine running. Any ideas on how to stop it.
Thanks
I had that problem with my Autocom unit. It was mild, but there. After I put my Garmin into the mix it got so much worse. I bought a fused in-line noise suppressor power lead between the Autocom and ignition power source. I then got a noise suppressor that had male/female 3.5mm audio jacks (eBay). You just unplug the Garmin from the Autocom and put this unit between them. No more noise!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hollywood. I don't have a garman {yet got sneak that by the bookkeeper} but the noise does mess up my satalight and regular radio.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
yep, #1546 is what I used to connect to battery.
No, I do not get any extra noise in my autocom.

·
Registered
280 Posts
hpo said:
I have been adviced to use the Autocom part 1546 - anyone tryied it out?

hp
Autocom part 1546 will correct this very problem. The very same problem that I had with mine. But why spend all that money for the Autocom part?

This is what I got, went right in the Autocom unit and works great for only $6.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-5mm-FILTER-CONNECT-IPOD-TO-CAR-STEREO-NOISE-KILLER_W0QQitemZ360055476635QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item360055476635&_trkparms=72:552|39:1|65:12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Hollywood said:
Autocom part 1546 will correct this very problem. The very same problem that I had with mine. But why spend all that money for the Autocom part?

This is what I got, went right in the Autocom unit and works great for only $6.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-5mm-FILTER-CONNECT-IPOD-TO-CAR-STEREO-NOISE-KILLER_W0QQitemZ360055476635QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item360055476635&_trkparms=72:552|39:1|65:12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
You can get the same thing at Radio Shack for less than $10.00. Absolutely no noise now on my bike.

·
Registered
860 Posts
hallzee said:
You can get the same thing at Radio Shack for less than $10.00. Absolutely no noise now on my bike.
What? You and I gotta talk... It's been a PITA for me and my ICOM install for over two weeks now...

·
Registered
809 Posts
country-bum said:
Thanks
This note is in the Intaride technical section; I bought the Evo recently but haven't had problems:

"Be very wary on BMW motorcycles of the bunch of cables that run from the engine management system under the seat, through to under the tank, these cables have been known to create massive interference, so you must run all cables-including the power cables- on the other side of the frame."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts