BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using this coolant? ..... and more importantly, can anyone confirm that it is nitrite free as the K1200LT bible specifies?

They don't mention nitrites on the Engine Ice website.

·
Registered
476 Posts
This is an old post with no answer. I used Engine Ice in my Honda VTX1800 which requires no silicates or phosphates because it is an all alloy V-twin engine. I was very happy with it because the product is wetter then regular coolant, which helps with the heat transfer efficiency from metal to fluid, and it has worked extremely well in that application. It is used religiously by many leading motorcycle racing teams. I know in the Honda world, many use it as "the best of the best". So as you can tell, for my Honda I'm pretty sold on the stuff, but would not use it if it is bad for the Beemer.

So I asked the company "is it also nitrite free", and the reply is:
"Yes it is, no problem". The reply came from the president of the company, David Kimmey.

I'll be buying some to use in a coolant change in the next few weeks and we'll see if it helps the temps a little on hot days. It did in my Honda.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Thx Dave. Interesting given you're in a hot place - seems like a good place to try it out. Were you satisfied or decided "no difference" and stuck to something else? Maybe the extra cost won't be worth it....

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
I'm running it in my Chrysler 300C, noticed an average 10-degree drop in engine temps (I'm in Texas). Wouldn't hesitate to put it in the LT, just haven't gotten around to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts