BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Fairing protection for GT 1300.

I apologize, before I ask about engine guard, which is not correct. Fairing protection is what I am asking for.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I think if I had one thats the first thing I would fit aswell.I took my rt into have a service a couple of years ago and they loaned me a demo 1200gt 30 miles on the clock.The bike was really nice to drive i pulled up hit a bit of loose gravel as I put my foot down bike went over still in gear so started to spin slowly.It made a right mess of the fairing case and exhaust.
Nobodys face could have been as red as mine as I took it back the dealer glad I paid the £10 extra cover on the insurance.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
philh24 said:
I think if I had one thats the first thing I would fit aswell.I took my rt into have a service a couple of years ago and they loaned me a demo 1200gt 30 miles on the clock.The bike was really nice to drive i pulled up hit a bit of loose gravel as I put my foot down bike went over still in gear so started to spin slowly.It made a right mess of the fairing case and exhaust.
Nobodys face could have been as red as mine as I took it back the dealer glad I paid the £10 extra cover on the insurance.
Wow, what an unlucky situation. I am sorry to hear that.
But, yes, it is necesary to have a fairing protector . If can not find one I won't consider the GT for my next purchase. Because I know my self and I do not want to suffer with a damage fairing and bags. Horrible scenario!!

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts