BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 R1200RT LE
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening Chaps,

Due to my budget when purchasing an RT, I couldn't get a newer model with less miles, my 15' has 33k on it although it was only owned by one person, a rospa instructor who rather unfortunately...used it in all weather, rain, hail and SALT!

With this in mind, my wheels have bubbling paint, my engine paint (front, sides and rear) is corroded and has started flaking off, my cylinder heads are corroded and the paint is also flaking off and my swing arm which has slightly less corrosion but some bubbling under the paint.

My question is, is there anything I can spray on our paint on to the already flaking parts to 'stick them back on' and prevent it from flaking off anymore as well as any sort of colour codes paint I could spray on to the areas where it has flaked off?
Also is there anything I can do for the bubbling paint aside spray it with scottoiler fs365 regularly.

In fairness, when I got the bike it was in a fairly poor condition but I have fair brought it around, cleaned it right up and gotten it looking far better! Although my next point of call is to pull off the swing arm to grease those bearings, which I assume are still needle bearings that require regular greasing like the old 96 models.

I can provide photos if yous would like to see the extend of the damage.

Cheers,
Kyle

·
Cat Herder
1,492 Posts
The only way to fix the rims is to have them sand blasted clean and then re-powder coat them. They are usually not painted. A paint fix will just come off again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts