BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1200lt.
anybody used or can recommend an engine additive for the k1200.
mine blows black crap out the exhaust when I accelerate. Never had to add any oil, new air filter
and plugs.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
They ALL do that! =-}

At wide open throttle (wot) the computer gives it all the gas it can so you will see smoke from the tail on WOT. Probably doesn’t hurt to put a bottle of Techron in the tank every once and a while to help keep the injectors clean.

Reactions: PMitchell

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,260 Posts
+1 on what Kim said. ECU goes full rich on WOT. Also at start up cold, that is why there is black soot on the exhaust. There is nothing ever made that will stop this from happening. Other than a reprogram of the ECU chip.

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Not that it will do much for your fuel ratio but lately I have been recommending the use of some brand name injector cleaner after a winter of the bike sitting around. And the crud possibly found in gasoline at some stations. Techron Plus, BMW injector cleaner and Sea Foam are my top picks but there are others like Lucas that are just fine. Would not hurt one bit to run a third or half a bottle of Sea Foam through your bike. I made the mistake of running a full can through my Isuzu diesel pick up. Darn thing started running so good I had to drop the idle several hundred RPM to get back to normal. :surprise:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts