BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a white enclosed trailer that have those ugly black water streaks, I have tried the spray for RV black streak removal, did not help, I have tried scratch fee comet with bleach, with no help either.

Any tips or other methods?????????

Thanks

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I used the RV black streak remover on a travel trailer we used to have. It always worked wonders. What about Simple Green?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I am assuming (I know) you are talking about the streaks from the aluminum top corner of the roof that run down onto the white sides. If that is correct, we use the same thing they use to clean semi trailers. You can go to a truck wash place and have them do it for a few bucks. Or you can buy a gallon of muratic acid and spray it on the whole trailer with a garden sprayer. You will need to dilute it alot. We use 8 oz to 3 gallons of water in our sprayer. Just spray it on and let it work. It will also turn the aluminum almost white. You then need to rinse it and wash it with soap to neutralize the acid. Then you can polish the aluminum and was the white part. I also use Wizards metal sealer on the aluminum. This makes the shine last about 2 years without the streaking. It's alot of work to detail the outside of a trailer. My professional buffer gets a workout on the aluminum. Screw it, just drop it off at the truck wash and go for a ride. When you come back it will be all done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts