BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am leaving early this AM to start my four corner tour.

Just trying to de activate the AUTO engine lock out so I will be able to use any key that came with the bike.

I checking out card that came with a super secret PIN CODE, and the little strip that has three stickers with a number on them, that the Alarm Book seems to indicate should be the same.

Well in my case the numbers DO NOT MATCH !!!!!!

Don't expect any problems but am now wondering which code to use to activate the extra alarm tag that came with the bike

Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
As I understand it the number on the sticker is an id matched with your info identifies the bike for a dealer as yours and extra keys etc. There should be at least one on the bike from the dealer. Mine is on the rear fender under the seat and I think under one of the saddle bag lids.

The BMW Alarm System card number is your secret pin number.

Gene

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you

I called a dealer in another time zone and after he though about it he came to the same conclusion

thanks again

still have not been able to get the system to do what I want so am just going to pray to the gods of travel as well as BMW that I will have no problems.

Again thanks for the reply

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,259 Posts
Toby,

The number on the card IS the magic pin for de-arming the bike with the key. The other tag numbers are something the dealer can use to get the magic pin # from Germany.

Here is the article for re-programming the alarm (no pin needed).

Alarm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts