BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you are familiar with my Picasa pictorial of EHCS overhaul https://picasaweb.google.com/pozoizquierdo/HYDRAULICCENTERSTANDOVERHAUL#

I wanted to inform you that I added some pictures which I took during my second service 2,5 years later from the original one. I realized that the centerstand was no longer working as well as it did before.

As added items I also took apart and cleaned the actuator rod seals as well as the pressure valve. I also decided to put in a new electric motor and there is also the motor purchasing instructions in the picture text.

Regards

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,118 Posts
Great Job documenting this Ari. Look forward to seeing you again at CCR.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Ari,

Thanks for the pics and the rebuild information. I am at this point and this will save me a lot of money. If you have an oportunity South Africa is the country to tour.

·
Registered
231 Posts
pozo_izquierdo said:
As many of you are familiar with my Picasa pictorial of EHCS overhaul https://picasaweb.google.com/pozoizquierdo/HYDRAULICCENTERSTANDOVERHAUL#

I wanted to inform you that I added some pictures which I took during my second service 2,5 years later from the original one. I realized that the centerstand was no longer working as well as it did before.

As added items I also took apart and cleaned the actuator rod seals as well as the pressure valve. I also decided to put in a new electric motor and there is also the motor purchasing instructions in the picture text.

Regards

Thanks Ari,
This was a great help and a big $$$ saver for me.
My center stand started acting up and withing a week it died. I took it off the bike and as a first thing I removed the electric motor. This thing didn't work even with external power, so I took it apart and noticed that one of the brushes was broken in half and there was a lot of oily black stuff in the commutator area.
I didn't see an easy way to fix the motor, so I took your advise and purchased a new one from the site that you provided the link.
I did the shortcut and did not take apart the hydraulic pump, just drained it, flushed and filled with new oil.
As you suggested when draining it, I poured all of the oil into a measuring flask to make sure that I don't overfill it with new oil.
When adding new oil, I really had a hard time to squeeze that measured oil in - I don't know how is it possible to put more than the measured amount.
Anyway, when the motor arrived, I installed it, checked with external power on the bench and it looked that it worked just fine.
Installed it on the bike and it works like a new - much quieter than before.
It's been about 2 months since then, using it everyday at least 4-6 times a day and so far it's been working great.
Thanks again,
BJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts