BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlight and dash lights dim and flicker when I am aabout 3000 rpm and my turn signals don’t work. Could it be the voltage regulator and if so, is it hard to replace? Thanks

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,245 Posts
That is the most common thing to cause that issue since it is a flaky ground at the starter which in turn is a flaky ground for the load shed relay that kills those lights during cranking. That 5 mm Allen head (circled in red) is a bit hard to get to but worth the effort to fix.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes, absolutely agree with the diagnosis. Had the same problem on my own right after I bought it.

That bolt is a PITA to get at. I cut a hex key off very short to be able to get to it without tearing everything apart. I guess I got it tight enough since the problem hasn't come back in 4.5 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, absolutely agree with the diagnosis. Had the same problem on my own right after I bought it.

That bolt is a PITA to get at. I cut a hex key off very short to be able to get to it without tearing everything apart. I guess I got it tight enough since the problem hasn't come back in 4.5 years.
I agree with you :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts