BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My K1200LT is a 2002 with 55,000 miles. I recently started experiencing problems with the headlight and console lights flickering on and off under aggressive acceleration. This morning I tried just revving it in the garage with the same results, flickering after approx. 3000rpm. If it had a short I would think it would blow a fuse and also have ruled out a loose connection as the problem is there when sitting still. Maybe a ground problem but I have no idea where to start. Has anyone had this kind of problem? Any help or thoughts on this would really be appreciated.

Bruce F.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Might be a good thing to check your grounds for corrorsion or loose. Clean all your connections even if they look clean with electrical contact cleaner.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
A manual shaking of the wiring should point you in the direction of the problem.

As said before, Check those grounds.

Good Luck

John

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,781 Posts
This could also be a case of the loose starter wire and the load shed relay kicking in and out. Turn on the key but don't start. Then wiggle the wires on the starter.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Those electrical problems can be a pain to find. But a lot of times they are easy to fix. Hope it is just a bad ground of loose connection. Trying things mentioned above should help if that is the case. I just hope you do not need a new computer like I did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts