BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the radio/cassette assembly off to change air/fuel filter on 2001 LT. Trying to reassemble, I can't find a mating connector on the radio/cassette assembly between the antenna and circular connector. The BMW book shows a vertical flat connector on the cassete assembly, which I don't see on mine, and I have the mating connector going back to the CD changer (never worked, I bought the bike used).

I'd appreciate help/suggestions.

Thanks

Doug Breithaupt

·
IBR# 366
16,569 Posts
Here is a pic from the manual showing the radio connections:

And here is a pic of an '02 LT:

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the photo

I also saw this photo in my manual and it shows the middle D connector to the CD. I was exploring on the maintenance page and noted someone mentioned that early BMW's had a different harness without the middle connector if they did not have the CD. This bike has the CD, so my best guess is that maybe the previous owner had the radio cassette unit changed and put in the non-CD version.

I'm thinking of pulling the CD out to get the extra storage space, so maybe this will all come together.

Thanks for your help.

Doug

·
IBR# 366
16,569 Posts
The radio head units are the same for CD or no CD. The difference is the wiring harness from the radio to the side of the stingray, and an additional harness back to the saddlebag.

I pulled my CD changer and harness out the first week I had the bike, and replaced it with an iPod. Much better, and more space in the saddlebags as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts