BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, the ABS on our 2002 K1200/Hannigan rig bit the dust last winter in Florida . We are home now so I got some 4.7 mm / 3/16 brake line, some fittings & a bubble flare tool and bypassed the ABS . I connected the new brake line to here the wheel side and the master cylinder tie to the ABS. Then I plugged the lines from the ABS. I have to do the electric side , & have found two ways of doing it . Pull the ABS relay & a bulb , or cut two wires in the connector going to the ABS .

I am thinking Pull off the big connector on the ABS and pop the back off of it. Find the Brown/Red wire on pin 9 and the Brown/Yellow wire on pin 10 and cut them. Replace the cover and re-connect the connector might be easier that getting the bulb out & relay:wave.

so what way would you do it ?

Thanks Patric

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,260 Posts
I really recommend you also open up that end and disconnect the wires going to the servos so they will no longer pull power.

Yes better to open the connector and cut the wires there but leave a small amount of wire on the pin so some one can hook them up again if the unit ever gets replaced.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts