BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today riding down I-15 South about 30 miles outside Barstow my V-1 showed 8 bogies, ignited all directional arrows and fired the L, Ka, K and X lights. I have Legal Speeding LED lights and was lit up like a Christmas tree. What was going on? Anyone else experience this? Given where it was, I'm thinking UFO. (or not)

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Moot said:
Today riding down I-15 South about 30 miles outside Barstow my V-1 showed 8 bogies, ignited all directional arrows and fired the L, Ka, K and X lights. I have Legal Speeding LED lights and was lit up like a Christmas tree. What was going on? Anyone else experience this? Given where it was, I'm thinking UFO. (or not)
Some radar detectors go off similar to that when they are close to an airport & they have all their stuff turned on.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
That's a new transmitter being tested now. It will render your detector useless..
They're going to be all over soon.. Sort of an anti-countermeasure countermeasure.
Cities are going to start incorporating them into their camera installations..

If you noticed, The timing of the pip is very slow..

It's not powerful enough to throw off their equipment, Just yours...

:(

John

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Not sure if its related, but I've noticed recently that my V1 keeps going nuts as I travel across I480 (through Cleveland). I know they're false alarms, but they sure don't sound like it. It's ticking me off!!! :mad:

Fortunately, I really don't need to speed thru that area as traffic moves at around 75mph already.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts