BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy just bought a LT and took his stand apart and seem that the P Owner had the stand repaired and didn't work - so after we bled the system - it blew hydraulic fluid everywhere. Seems the people whm repaired it broke the mount housing and JB welded together- after we cleaned it up it broken just enuff if leave the seal exposed - anyways before we try and weld it up - anybody have or know a place we can buy the end cap

thanks -

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,556 Posts
I am waiting on a quote for a lot of 10 from a machinist. I have repaired cracked ones with JB weld and steel reinforcing pins. That holds well unless some one runs the unit off the bike to full retraction as that will blow the cap out. On the bike it never gets that much force and has a limit sensor that prevents full retraction on the cylinder.

Reactions: Tricky_dickey

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
I am waiting on a quote for a lot of 10 from a machinist. I have repaired cracked ones with JB weld and steel reinforcing pins. That holds well unless some one runs the unit off the bike to full retraction as that will blow the cap out. On the bike it never gets that much force and has a limit sensor that prevents full retraction on the cylinder.
Where is this limit sensor located and do I need to implement one? I have a used EHCS that I want to rebuild and retrofit to my 01. I see no sensors on the frame or on the actuator. It is nice however, to know not to run it to the end on the bench. What has kept me from testing it yet is some damage on the shaft at the nut end where the idiot who removed it used vise grips directly on the shaft and allowed it to spin. Going to try and repair that and see how it works. I can't disassemble it yet as there is a burr that will destroy the seal so i have to address that first.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,556 Posts
The limit sensor is on the center stand frame and feeds the controller. You most likely don't have either so just stop pushing the button when the stand goes over center and you will be OK.

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
The limit sensor is on the center stand frame and feeds the controller. You most likely don't have either so just stop pushing the button when the stand goes over center and you will be OK.
Thought you might get a laugh out of this. Imagine my surprise when opening the package and seeing I made a mistake by a factor of 10. Was expecting a 4.8mm O-ring but failed to notice that it was CM instead of MM. :surprise:

Maybe I can use it as an exhaust hanger :wink:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts