BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a source for the gear in the EHCS actuator?

When replacing the motor, dummy here not once, but twice put the long screw through the gear. :crying:

I don't think it's repairable at least by me.

Went to my dealer and one of the mechanics sold me a complete actuator including motor for $100. Couldn't pass that up. I was hoping to fix this one as a spare.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Has anyone found a source for the gear in the EHCS actuator?

When replacing the motor, dummy here not once, but twice put the long screw through the gear. :crying:

I don't think it's repairable at least by me.

Went to my dealer and one of the mechanics sold me a complete actuator including motor for $100. Couldn't pass that up. I was hoping to fix this one as a spare.
Wow, I just bought one to try and retrofit my 01 and have started ordering the o-rings and seals to do a rebuild before it goes on.

Maybe I will just box it up and send it off to jzeller after seeing this. If you did it twice, it must be easy to do. Good luck.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,781 Posts
Now I know how that gear got damaged - the wrong screw in the wrong hole. I had one come in that had one hole like that in the gear. I was able to repair that one with some J B Weld and it appears to be holding up. Good that you got a used one for a replacement. I still have two bench stock units that have damaged end caps and I have not gotten any replacements made yet. If your dealer has any more dead ones I would be interested in them for critical parts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Dbull. My name is Ron. I have a customer with a 2006 that I have the actuator off on my bench to repair for a while now. I have new electric motor and complete seal kit already but I need a hydraulic motor asy. its only held on by 2 8mm nuts. They don't usually go bad but his got damaged. Let me know if you have one for sale?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody
I'm in desperate need of an end cap or complete cylinder. I scewed uo and overfilled mine and busted hell out of it. All Ican find is a comlete assy on EBay for 900 bucks.
Bob 260 224 7763

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,781 Posts
One is on the way.

Reactions: cws

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
One is on the way.
John, if my actuator is having an issue getting to the very top, is it low on oil? Don't want to add and blow the cap :) I don't see any signs of oil under the bike at any time. I think in another thread you gave an amount you could add reasonably safely.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,781 Posts
A loss of just 10-15 ml will keep it from reaching the top. You would be safe to a 10 ml and try again.

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200
1 - 10 of 10 Posts