BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well gang. Finally installed my new EBC rotor on Saturday. In preperation for my ride to Pigeon Forge smokies trip. It Went fairly well. Did have to drill out screws that hold ABS ring on. (Which i expected). Heated up Abs ring and pulled off etc..etc. Went for a ride today. WOW.. Should have done this a few years ago. It's Quiet. No clanging cowbell. No squealing. It's weird. I was just so used to the clanging. It is just so nice and Quiet,And looks so much better.
:grin:

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Well gang. Finally installed my new EBC rotor on Saturday. In preperation for my ride to Pigeon Forge smokies trip. It Went fairly well. Did have to drill out screws that hold ABS ring on. (Which i expected). Heated up Abs ring and pulled off. Went for a ride today. WOW.. Should have done this a few years ago. It's Quiet. No clanging cowbell. No squealing. It's weird. I was just so used to the clanging. It is just so nice and Quiet,And looks so much better.
:grin:
Mine wasn't clanging but it did have a grinding metal sound I couldn't put a finger on. All gone with the new EBC. I also had to drill the heads off the screws so not sure if it is a spare or not for someone. I expect sleeve retainer or loctite could be used to secure the sensor ring if necessary. It really isn't worn much but not going back. :)

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just put loctite on new screws they provided. It said nothing about using retaining slip fit loctite on ABS ring.Which I was thinking about doing,but didn't.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
I just put loctite on new screws they provided. It said nothing about using retaining slip fit loctite on ABS ring.Which I was thinking about doing,but didn't.
You don't need any thing on the ring itself. I was talking about my old stock rotor that is not badly worn and someone else using it. Since I drilled off the screw heads, you would either have to drill and tap for replacement screws or use something to keep the ring in place like loctite or sleeve retainer.

Loctite on the new screws and nothing on the ring is correct.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yes. I know. But I have a habit of overkilling things sometimes. And thought for about retaining compound for a minute. Then said no. Better not. Just do what the instructions dictate for change..LOL. My old rotor is shot.. Garbage.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Oh yes. I know. But I have a habit of overkilling things sometimes. And thought for about retaining compound for a minute. Then said no. Better not. Just do what the instructions dictate for change..LOL. My old rotor is shot.. Garbage.
Max doesn't show the ring as a separate part of the $570 rotor so I don't want to have to buy one new :)

It stayed on for 15 years with just those screws so I figure it will stay on again :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts