BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my rear rotor from cyclebrakes.com part # MD615, and well when it was put on it looked great with the drille rotor tucked up in there where the old cowbell was, but when I rode off with it, the thing is clearly not as straight and true as it looked.

I have a bad feedback on the foot brakelever the bike lurches at low speeds and if you step to hard on the brake the ABS will kick in, I am assuming that the bike is actually stopping the tire on the part of the rotor that is rubbing hard on the brakepads. After a further inspection of it, we could see that the rotor not only has an axial wobble but a radial wobble as well. Has anyone seen this problem. We had the tire off and with the bike on the centerstand you could clearly see the rotor wobble while running in 2nd at idle. we looked for debris behind the 2 mating surfaces with nothing there. Reinstalled it and had the same problem.

I know I have a bum rotor but has anyone tried to return anything to cyclebrakes or have this problem with the rotor. Was there something that they could have missed while installing it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand that there are people that have had no problems and things are great, but that is not the case with me. I am curious if anyone else has had this issue.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
I can't remember who it was but there was one that posted that the machining was not quite right on the EBC and the rotor did not fit flush to the hub. He did a bit of filing and got it to fit flush. This issue caused his rear tire to rub the swing arm and that was how he noticed it.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I just installed an EBC rear rotor from Cyclebrakes with no problems what so ever.

·
Registered
161 Posts
bmwstve said:
I just installed an EBC rear rotor from Cyclebrakes with no problems what so ever.
Me too.No problem and if the rotor is bad I bet the nice folks at cyclebrakes will make it right.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Is there any chance you've got some smutz or something between the rotor and the final drive? Maybe it isn't set squarely on the FD.
Did you do the torques to spec and in sequence?

·
Registered
375 Posts
My EBC Rotor

That was me that did the filing. For those that say "no problem" please remove your rotor and check the marks on the wheel (if any). I say this because I didn't think I had a problem until I put on a new tire and did some in-depth investigating. It’s not real obvious that there is a problem!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
Thanks for chiming in Dave, I remembered the post but not the author.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts