BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The EBC rear rotors have been out for a while now. Does anyone have 25,000 mi on one yet and are the still quiet and are they holding up good? chip

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I have had mine at least that long, if not longer, no problems at all, only thing I had to do was use 2 spacers when I installed it, other than that it has been quiet. Very happy here.

·
Registered
493 Posts
sheldan2 said:
I have had mine at least that long, if not longer, no problems at all, only thing I had to do was use 2 spacers when I installed it, other than that it has been quiet. Very happy here.
Same here. 2 Spacers and well over 25K and everything is great.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Had mine over 2 years and about 17K and all is quiet.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Good to hear as I ordered one just a week ago.

What spacers did you use?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
This is the shim between the wheel and the final drive. part number : 36311451791

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I probably have over 40,000 miles on mine and not a sound. 2 spacers.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
dazza my ebc has done 80km not a peep always use their pads bed in hard when new do a lap around the block make sure no one is behind a ride the foot brake while holding on the gas to maintain speed then let her come to a stop after a circuit go for a ride and let the temp come back down to normal, I still have 1 spacer I thought they kept the tyre off the swing arm :confused:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Axle said:
dazza my ebc has done 80km not a peep always use their pads bed in hard when new do a lap around the block make sure no one is behind a ride the foot brake while holding on the gas to maintain speed then let her come to a stop after a circuit go for a ride and let the temp come back down to normal, I still have 1 spacer I thought they kept the tyre off the swing arm :confused:
Thanks Linton,

So, you are just using the one spacer, the same as you would with the BM rotor?

BTW, I bought the rotor and two sets of their pads, one set to stick on the shelf for later....

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have a new EBC rotor and pads in the garage waiting for the temps to cool a little so I get it installed.

One question, everyone here says to bed the new pads in with several hard applications, but the instructions on the EBC box say to bed the new rotor in with gentle stops for the first few miles. What should I do???

When you say "two spacers" does that mead the original and one additional? Where is the clearance problem?

·
Registered
470 Posts
After only 23k mi. the rotor buttons had worn so badly the disk started to throw the entire balance of the rear wheel out so bad I could not see out of the mirrors. Will I, did I buy another? Never! Those of you who have them keep a close eye on it.

In the beginning the price and quiet operation had me convinced. Then all hell broke loose and it scared the crap out of me when I saw how worn it was compared to the stock one with around the same miles. ( If it sounds too good to be true .......)

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I use two spacers due to mine being one of the earlier EBCs and my problem wasn't it dragging the wheel on the swingarm but the unit was tight against the wheel hub spokes.

"In the beginning the price and quiet operation had me convinced. Then all hell broke loose and it scared the crap out of me when I saw how worn it was compared to the stock one with around the same miles. ( If it sounds too good to be true .......)"

I do not remember hearing anyone else having problems with premature wear with the EBC. Maybe someone just got a bad one.
My .02

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have what must be the newer rotor and only used 1 spacer as well (stock configuration). I am MORE than happy with it, after 14K miles along with a set of EBC pads.

·
Registered
375 Posts
EBC sucks! I had one of their rear disc and it didn't fit right at all. It would tighten up to the wheel hub, but instead rub on the spoke part of the wheel. It put the entire assembly in a bind. Now it is a "know" problem and most use two spacers, but back then we were on our own to figure it out. Several emails to them and got the run-a-round. So EBC sucks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts