BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for you fellows that have ebc front brake pads. Do they now have the anti rattle spring? I had a set about 10 years ago although I liked the brakes the noise drove me crazy, I took them off. I would like to buy some again I heard they now come with the springs thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
494 Posts
I bought some last year and there were no springs. I also just ordered a complete set front and rear, should be here in two days and I'll bet they have no springs....

·
Registered
216 Posts
does anyone know where of a good place to buy a set of EBS brake pads (front and rear) for an 05? Looks like motorcycle superstore carries them -- beemernoneyard.com has only EBS for the front and Carbone for the rear. Everyone seems to be around the same price...so I would prefer to give my money to beemerboneyard.com

THANKS

Glenn

·
Registered
876 Posts
I just purchased a set of front EBC'c and rear Carbone Lorraine's from Beemer Boneyard for my '05. I received them last week, there appears to be no anti-rattle spring of any kind on the EBC's. I sincerenly hope they don't rattle as the BMW original equipment ones are silent. Good service from BB though, postage to Tasmania in 8 days, excellent.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,916 Posts
The only front brake pads for the LT that ever had an antirattle spring were the 99-2001 (early) ABS II pads. The I-ABS front cailpers have the spring as a part of the caliper, the pads have nothing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts