BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a new Metzler mounted to the front and noticed my brake shoes were pretty worn. Ordered a couple pair from Motorcycle Superstore and when I went out the front door there they were. Arrived a day ahead of schedule. Resplendent in their shipping box. Picked up the box and started down the concrete steps and hooked the heel of my Z-Coil shoes on a step and down I went. Barked the skin off my right shin and did an absolute face plant onto the box my brake pads were in. Blew the seams out of the side of the box. THe box was full of those plastic bags filled with air and except for my shins I was unharmed.

So my new EBC brake shoes kind of saved me from serious injury. No busted nose, chin, forehead.

Loren

Attachments

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Glad this turned out to be a funny story!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me too! My shins sure aren't smiling though. When it happened I was on my way to work a 12 hour shift at the hospital. No rest for my shins until 0700 hrs. I have the next 3 nights off so that will help. It will also give me a chance to put the bike back together. New tire, new EBC brake pads! Yahoo!

Loren

·
Premium Member
3,175 Posts
Loren my friend, absolutely a brilliant save.

Glad you made it out of that one, life is fraught with danger.

That would have been a tough story to tell had it come out differently.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Airbag saves another life.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Have you consulted an attorney yet? There must be a lawsuit in there somewhere. ;)

Glad it wasn't worse.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fpmlt said:
I'm wondering if this doesn't help explain why you ride with a sidecar!?! :p
Oh buddy! You're killin' me!

slowflyn Have you consulted an attorney yet? There must be a lawsuit in there somewhere.

Wonder how far I'd get with my homeowners insurance????

Loren

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Loren,

That is quite a story, glad you posted it. Air bags in shipping containers, HMMMMM. You might have something there :histerica

·
Registered
2,571 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Does this mean I should wear ATGATT 24/7?:rotf:

·
Premium Member
7,677 Posts
wa1200lt said:
Had a new Metzler mounted to the front and noticed my brake shoes were pretty worn. Ordered a couple pair from Motorcycle Superstore and when I went out the front door there they were. Arrived a day ahead of schedule. Resplendent in their shipping box. Picked up the box and started down the concrete steps and hooked the heel of my Z-Coil shoes on a step and down I went. Barked the skin off my right shin and did an absolute face plant onto the box my brake pads were in. Blew the seams out of the side of the box. THe box was full of those plastic bags filled with air and except for my shins I was unharmed.

So my new EBC brake shoes kind of saved me from serious injury. No busted nose, chin, forehead.

Loren
No offense, but your face sure is shaped funny! :)

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Voyager said:
No offense, but your face sure is shaped funny! :)
Amen brother! No argument!! But at least it's the same funny as it was before the incident!!!

Loren

1 - 13 of 13 Posts