BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What EBC #number do I use when looking up this? (for my 2007 K1200LT)....
MY BRAKES Make a VERY loud squealing Noise every time I use em, that is so embarrassing....

also any tips on putting em on?
Newby here...Any help is appreciated.......
any special search words too? (search words not kind words :) )

ECB is what I've read so far on this sinister little sound problem...

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
You will eliminate the squeal completely, if you properly bed in the new brake pads.

Worked for me years ago, and still does! :D

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
It is the rear rotor causing all the squealing. Best to just replace the rotor with an EBC replacement. No pad will fix the squeal.

BMW came out with a re-designed rotor with only 5 rivet attach points and that did the trick as well but $$$$$$. EBC rotor only $$.

·
Registered
607 Posts
rear rotor for the LT: EBC MD615

I have installed one on all three of my LTs. Never had another squeal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
GlennM86 said:
rear rotor for the LT: EBC MD615

I have installed one on all three of my LTs. Never had another squeal.
Another vote here for the EBC rear disc.

I was completely sick of the "old farm truck" squeal when coming to a stop.
Embarrassing to say the least.
(Also tired of looking around to pretend it was not me when the other drivers are wincing.)

Easy to do. 1 or 2 out of 5 on the difficulty scale.
The hardest part was getting the ABS sensor ring transferred and that only took a few minutes.

Not a single peep has been heard since.
I don't know how much play there is in a new BMW factory rear brake disc and hub but
the old disc had a sizable amount of wiggle left to right from vertical between the parts.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
printcraft said:
I don't know how much play there is in a new BMW factory rear brake disc and hub but the old disc had a sizable amount of wiggle left to right from vertical between the parts.
I've had the new-design BMW rotor on for about 4-5 years now I think... never any squeal, and I checked it for play last weekend... no float whatsoever. The original one rattled back and forth quite a lot as you mentioned.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
cws said:
I've had the new-design BMW rotor on for about 4-5 years now I think... never any squeal, and I checked it for play last weekend... no float whatsoever. The original one rattled back and forth quite a lot as you mentioned.
Keep an eye on it as I know of one member that had ALL the rivets shear off one on his bike and left him stranded. Just say'in.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
:thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts