BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shopping around for replacement brake pads.

I will usually hit ebay and see what kind of savings there is to be found. Well, I found a complete set for $39.99 delivered. They're supposedly comparable to EBC part numbers and they're painted blue.

Anything that sounds too good to be true, usually is, so I enquired about them.

They are new parts, but they're made in China.

It matters to me, so I opted to not buy them.

(also, I'd guess that Brakes rank up there with Oil and Tyres when it comes to debate here (I spent some time reading up on all your guy's input)) :crazy:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had bad experience with EBay items from China - seem to be cheap because they are counterfeit. Not bike related but I bought a battery charger for a camera that was CE stamped (a European QA check mark) - but when used, it bust in to flame - I'd never trust 'cheap' stuff from China or Hong Kong in mission or safety critical areas....especially if I haven to rely upon it to stop me in a hurry.

That's not to say EBay isn't good for cheap[er] branded quality items - I bought brake pads from a reputable dealer at way below shop price .... try searching EBay uk and K1200LT and see if it's any cheaper for you.

It's just not been the same since we handed back Hong Kong to the Chinese!

Mick
UK

LT SE 2001

·
Premium Member
3,096 Posts
I don't know why you fuss with e-bay at those prices.

I just got all three sets to the door for about 100.00 for EBC pads.

You should be able to get a rear set to your door for about 40.00 or less. I also just bought another rear set and paid 33.99 but have no idea on shipping as it was part of an over 100.00 free shipping thing.

Don't mess around either do an aftermarket set or check OEM prices and get em ordered.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts