BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this should be an easy question. I've had my LT for about a year and wear my new helmet just long enough to get through a helmet state. I finally broke down and bought the speakers and mic and retrofitted my helmet. I've looked all thru my manuals and can't find how to turn off the external speakers of my stereo so only the helmet speakers play. I know this sounds basic but can't seem to find it in the manuals. Sorry for the trivial question. I've completely taken the tupperware off and added different farkles (unrelated to my question here) and yet something as simple as this has got me stumped. Btw, it does sound great in the helmet. Just don't want to have to turn it down at stoplights since the external speakers continue to play for now.

·
Registered
533 Posts
As far as I know you can't turn off/mute the external speakers independently of the helmet. I’m on my second LT and I never heard anyone mention this before.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? Without a helmet, when I'm listening to my favorite tunes and I come to a stoplight I have to turn down the music so I don't annoy the people in the car beside me. I thought if you had your helmet on, you wouldn't need to do that .....if the external speakers were off. Goldwing and Harley have this feature. There's gotta be a way.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
What type of Com unit do you have? If it is the "BMW" unit it will be inside the "oddments" box above the CD/Cassette. If so then just push the button on the far left to change from Ext/Ent speakers

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No such luck. They must have changed slightly with the different years. It's all bmw equipment. There is no Ext/Ent button in my oddiments box. Thanks though. Time to go over the manuals once again with a fine tooth comb.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
On my '08, I select the music note on the stingray and scroll through the menu (with the handle bar volume control) on the screen till it shows the speakers "ON-OFF"

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,904 Posts
OK this is easy now, with the voice II you get helmet speaker signal from a port on the back of the radio not the speaker lines.

To turn off the external speakers press the "Musical Note" button once and you will see "SPKR ON" in the display. press the "SEEK" button on the handle bar and it will go to OFF. Done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts