BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,300 Posts
Dont really know much about petrol apart from using it. What is the RON (Research Octane Number... I think) on the Ethanol blend, if it has one.
The filler door & manual on my 05 recommends at least 95 RON. So thats Premium Unleaded (Vortex for Caltex users), not Vortex 98.
The guys in the states reckon they only get juice up to 93 RON, and their LT's run fine (according to k1200ltrider) on 89 RON.
There was something on TV news a few nights ago about the govt's decision to back 10% (5% ?) ethanol blend fuel. The manufacturers are supposed to be getting behind it.

Take a few more minutes... and hey presto... just found this link.....
http://www.autoindustries.com.au/ethanol.php/2004/03/00000001.html.

"Motor Cycles

Before use of E10 in motorcycles not listed below, you should consult your handbook or manufacturer to check if the fuel is suitable.
BMW All motorcycles since 1986 will operate satisfactorily on E10."

· Registered
3,300 Posts
Hi Colin.

As a step-up from a '96 K75 I'm loving it, although there are a few nuances that I'm still coming to terms with. Partner loves it, but we're yet to do do some big rides.
Had it for 4 weeks now, 1800km, so its still almost new.

Mind you, bloody mirror hinge inside the trunk broke 2 days ago, a day after I read a thread of similar instances from the general forum.
Contacted my dealer via email and no problems.
They've already got the replacement part in for me under warranty. Gotta love that.

Will be down you're way 24 Nov, en route to Snowy Ride. Staying at a friends just south of Canberra off the Cooma Road overnight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.