BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put my first tank of E10 (10% Ethanol) in the bike yesterday and seems to run better than on standard unleaded. Has anyone heard of any definitive word on whether Ethanol does cause any damage to engines. Seems to be OK to me.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still can't complain too much about the price with the economy you get from the bike. A lot better than the Wing I used to have.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Chris

Thanks for the link. It's surprising the number of motorcycles that won't run on E10. Seems to be running better on E10 than standard unleaded.

How do you find the '05LT. Am that happy with the '99 that I can't see myself changing it. First bike I've kept for this long.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Broken trunk mirror

Hi Chris

Had my trunk mirror break - well out of warranty. After reading the other threads here I ended up buying a piano hinge and used the dremel so that it would open out flat. Screwed it in with the small brass screws supplied and used the Dremel to grind off the ends of the screws. Works like a dream and don't have to worry about the weak plastic pins. Now all I have to do is replace the mirror that broke when we overpacked the topbox.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.