BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI for those of you who need to get your vacation requests and schedules worked out ahead of time:

The DVD Yahoo Group became active a few daze ago. According to Brian Curry, DVD XI will be January 27 – 29, 2006.

And for those of you who haven’t got a clue what that means, DVD (Death Valley Daze) is an annual ride to Death Valley NP. It began eleven years ago by the Internet BMW Riders. The HDDC has made a showing for the last couple years.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I'm ready, keep us informed on any info including the discount code for the motel if you get it.

thanks

·
Registered
567 Posts
D.v.d Xi

Please let me know when you get more info

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do Bruce. Although this event is a very informal and there isn’t much to do other than ride down there, hang out, ride the area, and go home. Many riders camp at the Furnace Creek campground. But the HDDC riders usually book rooms at the Furnace Creek motel. Other than making sure you have a room or camp spot reserved, bring riding gear for all weather possibilities; from mild, sunny spring like days - to fog, rain, and maybe a bit of snow.

When the date gets closer a route thread will develop, and we’ll bicker for days about which way to go. Eventually a consensus is reached and John usually comes up with a route sheet. When we get going it’s ride your ride. Last year we basically had two groups maybe a minute or two apart, it seemed to work fine. Once at Furnace Creek on Friday night, someone’s room will be set up as a no-host hospitably room. BYOB, that is.

Sunday morning we head home. Last year a few went home via 395, a couple riders went 99. Myself and Mike from Sonoma, rode west across California on 58 to n/b 101 and home to the north-bay from there. The weather was great and I’ll probably do the same ride this year.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Do you have a phone number for Furnace Creek Motel

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Bruce,
If you wait we should be able to get a discount code for this event - Usually saves 10%.

·
Slow Old Guy
2,012 Posts
amarider said:
Bruce,
If you wait we should be able to get a discount code for this event - Usually saves 10%.
If you tell them you are with the Internet BMW Riders or the Village Idiots, you'll get the discount.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I made my reservations today. You have to do it between 8am & 430pm. The booking number for the internet bmw riders is 6645. They are staying at the ranch.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I got the Parkside. The lady I talk to at reservation desk gave me three choices and I ask her which one she would choose and she said the Parkside.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I think I should be able to go. What's the normal time frame? Ride down on Friday and comeback Sunday?

Mike Ericson
2005 BMW R1200GS
2003 Kawasaki KLR650
1977 Yamaha RD400
1976 Yamaha RD400

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Affirmative, Mike -- Friday morning to Sunday night.

I'm trying to talk another friend of mine (who just bought a GS from Ted) into going as well.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thanks Tom. I'm going to go ahead and make my reservations. Hopefully your friend with the new GS can go.
it will be nice to ride with a group.

Mike Ericson
2005 BMW R1200GS
2003 Kawasaki KLR650
1977 Yamaha RD400
1976 Yamaha RD400

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Roommate wanted - no snoring!
Just reserved a parkside room - looking to split the costs.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
nelson61 said:
Well that leaves out about half the posse :sleep:
Yes I have learned that lesson the hard way :rolleyes:

·
Registered
406 Posts
John,

If you still need a roomate, let me know. I was going to make my reservation tommorow. I was hoping to go in with someone to save some costs.

Mike Ericson
2005 BMW R1200GS
2003 Kawasaki KLR650
1977 Yamaha RD400
1976 Yamaha RD400

1 - 20 of 33 Posts