BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Miller BMW Dusty Miller

Read below, my dealer and friend passed away. He was a great person and without him our department would not have been on BMW's RTPs. He will be missed. RIP Dusty!!!

It is with a sad heart I am reporting that Dusty Miller, the owner of our dealership died last night.
He was in Shands Hospital, Gainesville, where he had gone to await a double transplant, liver/kidneys.
Dusty didn't post here, but many of the members who do were involved with him and the dealership.
He was a tremendous supporter of the Riding Into History event raising money for Buddy Check 12 and cancer research. He spent 23 years in law enforcement and was well known as an expert on the BMW authority bikes. He had worked with our former BMW dealership in the late 1970's and early 80's and opened Miller BMW Motorcycles 7 years ago filling a void not only in our community but for a very large part of the southeast.
He loved to ride and owned many models of BMW's, including the Red Rocket an early K100 with over 340,000 miles on it.
He arrived at his destination much sooner than he should have, but the journey was a remarkable one.

Edited by tallman (Today at 04:23 AM)
K1200 KGT Mearas Luhn

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Just got a call that Dusty Miller, owner of Miller BMW, Tallahassee, Florida, passed away Friday. I believe he had been suffering with a liver problem. I don't have complete information about his memorial service just yet.

Many of us will miss Dusty. He was a great friend to all Beemer riders and ran a good BMW dealership. He was also a retired Chief Deputy with the Leon County Sheriffs Office. A good friend and brother to all the local LEOs.

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that. I did not know him, but through this chat room, felt like I did. Never heard anything but the positive and I know he will be sorely missed by many friends, colleagues and customers. My sincere condolences to all who knew him......

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
More Info...

Johnny R. "Dusty" Miller, 59, died Thursday, April 2, 2009,at Shands Hospital in Gainesville, Fla. The memorial service will be at 4 p.m. EDT Wednesday, April 8,2009, at Abbey-Riposta Funeral Home Chapel. Dusty was born in Moultrie, Georgia, and moved to Tallahassee, in 1953. He was a 1967 graduate of Leon High School Florida. He retired in 1997, as a deputy with Leon County Sheriffs Department after 23 years of service. He owned and operated Miller's BMW Motorcycles on West Tennessee St. and was a member of the BMW Motorcycle Club of Northeast Survivors include his wife, Ann Marie Miller of Tallahassee; daughter, Lori Michelle (Ryan) Halt of Jacksonville, Fla.; brother, Alton Jerry Miller of Cumming, Ga.; sisters, Edna Earl Wilson of Pelham, Ga., and Mona Faye Arnold of Indianapolis, Ind.; grandsons, Spencer Preston Hart and Nathan Finn Halt. He was preceded in death by two sisters, Patricia Ann Miller and Opal Maureen Miller. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Humane Society or your favorite Animal Shelter in his memory.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
God Speed my friend...you are needed elsewhere.

Dusty, we are blessed for having known you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Absolutely one of the nicest dealership owners I've ever met. When I go home to visit my relatives(I grew up in Quincy, Fla), I make it a point just to pop in and say hello even if it is for only a few minutes. Very warm and friendly. I was hoping to see him when i go home this summer but he is needed elsewhere. God Speed. Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts