BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when I decided to try Bridgestone tires again (been using Marathon 880s), I now see that Dunlop has the D205 series that is said to be K1200LT compatible.

This whole tire thing is difficult for me because there aren't a lot of K1200LT riders here in Alaska to get information in re tires...or to see the tires in person before ordering.

At the end of August, I have a long trip planned down the Alcan to the Lower 48 and I've got to re-shoe my bike before the ride.

The Metzelers have worked okay as far as mileage is concerned but I remember the grip being better with Bridgestones (although the mileage on the original equipment tires sucked).

The Dunlops are more expensive but if they are as advertised i would like to try them.

Thank you,
Bob Edison
Anchorage

EDIT: After I submitted this thread, I noticed that there are other threads on this subject...sorry but I don't see a way to search the forum.

Bob

·
Registered
240 Posts
I just replaced my Stock Bridgestone after 5500 miles ( yes it was worn) with a Metzelers ME880 I am hoping to get alot more miles out of this one...
Good Luck on your search Bob......I wish I could help you more...I dont see myself Buying a Bridgstone tire in my future

·
Registered
360 Posts
Had Metz since I purchased the pig 25,000 miles ago. Just replaced them with 23,000 on the front and 13,000 on the rear. I keep them at 42/48 and do most of my riding on slab at 80 mph. For how I ride and what I expect, the 880's meet my needs. 2003 I purchased 1.75 years ago with 17,000 on her. I've loved every mile and every minute.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts