There is the K1200LT
The K1200LTC
I am also seeing the K1200LTE

What is the defference?

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Trim level

1200LT was very basic, no chrome on the mirrors, windshield (?) and tip-over wings, those trim parts were painted black, no rack on the trunk, not sure that it had heated seat or radio and maybe not the computer (I've only seen one)

1200LTC - custom - had chrome highlights on the mirrors, windshield and tip-over wings, trunk rack, computer, heated seat and radio with 6 disc changer (this is what I bought in '02, wish I had spent the extra $$ for the LTE - elite - since I spent all that money anyway)

1200LTE - elite - had all the custom had plus the intercom and gps (iirc, the dealer took a custom and installed the intercom and gps)

I'm sure that if I missed something, someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Back in the day - way back!! There were three model iterations. LTI for Icon; LTS for Standard; and LTC for Custom. LTC had everything from the factory (chrome everywhere, heated stuff, OBC, CD player) and the dealer would install some options such as the Kenwood CB unit, etc. BTW, the early models were touted to have an order-optional 'fridge' in the trunk, installed at the factory. Never happened!!

The 'C' designator wuz later re-labeled as the 'E' for Exodus, butt had to be changed to 'Elite' due to a conflict with Honda Corp's earlier labeling of one of their models (Wing, maybe?). I could have the terms 'Elite' and 'Exodus' reversed tho.

I 'believe' some of the differences 'tween the I and the S were such items as OBC, heated stuff, chrome areas, and radio.

So basically, the 'C' and the 'E' were the top-of-the-line models in different model years, with the CB and Comm system add-on available as dealer-installed. The 'I' and 'S' models were each equipped so as to be platforms for ordering an LT with or without certain items.

I don't profess that all the above is gospel, butt it's pretty close. Some of the oldtimers here will be correcting anything I have wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts