BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys....hope summer is getting you a lot of road time.

This is in regard to the BMW headset operation. I haven't used it in 4 years so maybe I'm missing something. I have two helmets set up with the J&M headsets and neither of them work. Ignition is on, and the HS/EXT button has no effect...I can't get any kind of audo through the helmet headsets. Fader is set to midrange and I do get good audio through the front and rear speakers. Any ideas?

Tnx,
Reid

·
Premium Member
7,623 Posts
Reid said:
Hi Guys....hope summer is getting you a lot of road time.

This is in regard to the BMW headset operation. I haven't used it in 4 years so maybe I'm missing something. I have two helmets set up with the J&M headsets and neither of them work. Ignition is on, and the HS/EXT button has no effect...I can't get any kind of audo through the helmet headsets. Fader is set to midrange and I do get good audio through the front and rear speakers. Any ideas?

Tnx,
Reid
It is hard to offer anything constructive not knowing model and year of bike, model of intercom, etc.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Mine has a little toggle switch on the dash that selects which speakers are on.
Yours might be under the glove box lid...

John

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry....neglected that info.This is an '03 LT Elite with the Autocomm. The only switch I have under the cover is the HS/EXT pushbutton switch (headset/external). It acts like it isn't seeing the headset.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like problem fixed. I adjusted the fader from where it was set and then back to original setting and all is well. Some electronic glitch I guess. Thanks for help!

Reido

1 - 5 of 5 Posts