BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did it now...I pulled my steering damper, put it in one of those bubble wrap heavy duty shipping envelopes and sent it out to John to get repaired...ALL he got was an empty envelope and I didn't insure it, like a dumb dumb dodo bird....

So, anyone out there have a spare steering damper they'd sell?? I certainly don't want to spend $361 plus for a new one..

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
olddog1946 said:
Well I did it now...I pulled my steering damper, put it in one of those bubble wrap heavy duty shipping envelopes and sent it out to John to get repaired...ALL he got was an empty envelope and I didn't insure it, like a dumb dumb dodo bird....

So, anyone out there have a spare steering damper they'd sell?? I certainly don't want to spend $361 plus for a new one..
If you shipped UPS there is a $100.00 minimum insurance automatically.
Robert

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have the reciept ....so, I'm out of luck on that. and I shipped it USPS.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Did you conatct them? Might show up in their lost and found?

There are a few LTs being parted out on eBay; I rem a 99, 00, and an 09.

Bob

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I did manage to find a damper from an 05 K1200S with 9k on it for $55.20 on ebay.
I was worried it wouldn't fit, since the front mount is offset instead of centered like the 02 damper. It fit, and there is no binding from either side..luckily I had kept the mounting hardware when I shipped the old one off and just used it instead of the 05 bolts..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts