BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
This surely is a nice way to improve the LT's lighting, and make your LT stand out at CCR as well. ;) The price will drive some away however, thus the popularity of recent HID purchases. It's also a lot tougher of a mod.

Do you have this on your LT?

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
messenger13 said:
This surely is a nice way to improve the LT's lighting, and make your LT stand out at CCR as well. ;) The price will drive some away however, thus the popularity of recent HID purchases. It's also a lot tougher of a mod.

Do you have this on your LT?
A replacement H9 HID capsule would fit in the D.D. housing and give you HID, should you be so inclined. D.D. points out that the D.I.Y. HID kits are illegal and not supported by them.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I have this and love it. It is on an 05' so I have two H9 halogens for my low beams, which really put out the light. I get compliments on this set up all the time. I did get an HID for my high beam but haven't installed it yet.

Here is a shot of the light ouput on the low beam.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Do you still have a adjustable head light or did Ducati eliminate this feature????

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
The adjuster does not work, I guess I could hook it up to the rear shock and make a manual ESA!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Today I just broke my headlight and think of a different replacement. Ducati design is seemed to be a good suggestion. Can someone tell me where to get it? Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Here's where to get one if you have a Ducati:
http://www.ducatidesigns.com/home

Otherwise, I have some bad news for you. DD stopped making these for the LT in late 2007. I got one of the last ones, and I'm glad I did.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got this reply from DD: Please touch base with member "DOUGBC" on the bmwlt.com forum. I was discussing a group-buy-kinda-thingy with him, so I'll let him drive.

There's a good deal of custom fabbed metal in the kit that you would not be able to make in one-off quantities, besides the fiberglass shell and wiring harness. I offered Doug to start up production if he could get some interest/commitment from multiple members. Yes, they would be unpainted; I was having to carry way too much finished inventory and BMW kept adding new colors (the thousand shades of gray...). I'm not interested in selling parts or designs.

Pg
DD

I was wondering if they would send me an unpainted fiberglass with instructions and parts list. Now, who knows DOUGBC?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got this reply from DD: Please touch base with member "DOUGBC" on the bmwlt.com forum. I was discussing a group-buy-kinda-thingy with him, so I'll let him drive.

There's a good deal of custom fabbed metal in the kit that you would not be able to make in one-off quantities, besides the fiberglass shell and wiring harness. I offered Doug to start up production if he could get some interest/commitment from multiple members. Yes, they would be unpainted; I was having to carry way too much finished inventory and BMW kept adding new colors (the thousand shades of gray...). I'm not interested in selling parts or designs.

Pg
DD

I was wondering if they would send me an unpainted fiberglass with instructions and parts list. Now, who knows DOUGBC?
Hi,

I know the thread is old, but I was wondering, do any of you know where buy these Ducati headlights ?

I am living in Europe - so if you know anything about it over here, that would be even more perfect.

I have a K1200LT '04, and I find the original light very poor, I have seen this solution, I like it very much, instead of for example additional lamps on the side

I thank you very much in advance for any reply regarding this.

The Dane :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.