BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the factory original headlight assembly failed on my '04 LT (corroded/open ground connection), I decided to replace it with a unit from Ducati Designs instead of living with a temporary ground or spending money to replace what I consider a bad design with the same bad design.

I usually don't take the time or feel the need to comment on a product, but this is an exception. I was extremely pleased with the quick delivery time and very impressed with the care in which the unit was packaged. The headlight assembly appeared to be constructed of quality components and looks like it should last forever. The installation instructions were clear and precise and I was able to install the unit with absolutely no problems at all.

When I operationally tested the low beam, it appeared as bright (or brighter) than the original factory high beam. The high beam almost curled the paint on my carport. I'm now seeing things at night that I would never have known existed before, and other drivers would have to be absolutely blind to not see me now.

The new look took some getting used to, but I'm now comfortable with the change. I highly recommend this after market modification for anyone with an '04 or earlier LT.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Pictures???

CAn you post any pictures?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just googled it.

Sorry, not on my LT.

That setup is fakkin ugly !

One day I might change over to HID, but I really dont like to ride at night alot, so I dont really know what I'm missing with an upgrade.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I totally agree! I replaced mine a while back. Have a 05. The "one" stock low beam H-7 bulb is replaced with "two" H-9 bulbs. The results are unbelievable, compared to the inadequate stock light. The Ducati Design unit “ceramic, quality glass lenses and stainless steel” really makes the stock light assembly look rather cheap in both design and quality “plastic”. When I have both the high, low and moto-lights on, it is the next best thing to daylight riding. I also like the fact it is rather unique and does not look like an after market add-on. I have had quite a few people actually think it is a BMW accessory.

May we never find the end of the road!

Perry Ridgway

oknplm

bwdjr said:
After the factory original headlight assembly failed on my '04 LT (corroded/open ground connection), I decided to replace it with a unit from Ducati Designs instead of living with a temporary ground or spending money to replace what I consider a bad design with the same bad design.

I usually don't take the time or feel the need to comment on a product, but this is an exception. I was extremely pleased with the quick delivery time and very impressed with the care in which the unit was packaged. The headlight assembly appeared to be constructed of quality components and looks like it should last forever. The installation instructions were clear and precise and I was able to install the unit with absolutely no problems at all.

When I operationally tested the low beam, it appeared as bright (or brighter) than the original factory high beam. The high beam almost curled the paint on my carport. I'm now seeing things at night that I would never have known existed before, and other drivers would have to be absolutely blind to not see me now.

The new look took some getting used to, but I'm now comfortable with the change. I highly recommend this after market modification for anyone with an '04 or earlier LT.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I love mine. I get lots of compliments on mine and the two H9's really put out some great light. I have added an HID to the high beam and with the two H9's the HID and the Piaa 1100's going it is very visible during the day. The only thing I miss is the low beam adjustment on the dash but since i put the Ohlins on the bike doesn't move much anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts