BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the smooth down shifting has returned after the service for the dry clutch spline, but after the service the cruise now doesn't lock on so it will have to go back to the dealer on monday.

Anybody got any idea if 12.5 hours of labor is right to get at the clutch plate?
I have not been able to find a flat rate list for the bike on the internet. Pretty pricy at the $78 shop labor rate.

Just over $1000 for a clean well lubed clutch spline.

·
Registered
190 Posts
That flat rate time sounds pretty close, maybe an hour over. They may have added some time for accessory removal or some other secondary related work that was done, like putting in a new clutch slave cylinder.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dry Clutch spline

The only parts replaced were the bolts and washers that hold the clutch pressure plate in place.
They did inspect the crank seal and the clutch slave cylinder for leakage and they were fine.

I think they upset the thottle cables however as there sure isn't 10 degrees of travel beyond the closed throttle position to disengage the cruise control.
That switch could be active causing the lack of engagement of the cruise control.

I'm debating as to if I take it back for them to fix or do it myself during the winter self maintence period while I have the tupper ware off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cruise control continued

I looked up the trouble shooting in the archives and the throttle cruside control kick out switch is not working properly.

Thanks to who ever posted that piece of trivia, it isn't in the shop manual I got.

The shop manual says you should have about 10 degrees of reverse throttle travel and I'm no where close to that. Cables are just too tight.

I'm guessing the engine dropped a bit during the clutch service and pulled on the throttle cables, maybe pulling out of its retaining socket.

I think I'll fix it myself this winter when I have other things to do with the tupper ware off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts